Pantone’s Color of the Year is Marsala, a shade of red (and also a wine produced in Italy frequently used in cooking). It can bring a casual or chic look to any room instantly. For color combinations, pair marsala with blues like faded demin, ice blue or dark navy or neural tones such as linen, light brown and off-white. This shade can be added to alot of decorating styles as well, from rustic to bohemian and chic and classy. Add to some color to your home with this hearty hue with our tips and Marsala-inspired picks below!
1. Hand Blown Table Lamp with Drum Shade from Wayfair
2. Marsala “Fallen Tones” color combination found on design-seed
3. Marsala sofa featured on ZsaZsa Bellagio via Tumblr
4. King Size Diana Bed by Largo from Great American Home Store
5. Custom Upholstered Headboard in Marsala featured on design\milk
6. Vase Set of three found on Polyvore
7. Marsala 30″ High Oval Twist Wall Mirror from 55 Downing Street
8. Marsala pillow (top left-bottom right): Euro Style Lighting, Red Bubble, Zazzle, Euro Style Lighting, Society6
9. Marsala Pyramid Accent Cabinet from Stein World
Woven textiles in red, like throw pillows, baskets, and area rugs, will enhance a rustic and relaxed look.
Pair Marsala with blue tones for a fresh combination; consider faded denim, ice blue, or dark navy.
Blend metallics with red accents for a warm, cohesive look, like copper serveware or brass objets.
Go for a bohemian vibe with ikat and tribal patterns in Marsala red, light brown, and off-white.
Give your kitchen a chic update with Marsala-inspired picks, from table linens to small appliances.